Home Bull X8
Thursday, 12 March 2015
The Bull X8 is Team Shepherd's first step into the competetive nitro off-road buggy class. As a former on-road only company the design has been kept conventional with the focus on a good combination of performance and durability.
The Bull X8 is based on 4mm aluminium chassis
machined of high quality 7075 T6 aluminium and hardcoated for extra durability.
It features aluminium suspension mounts with composite inserts to fine-tune the suspension geometry allowing multiple roll-center and toe-in adjustements for all kinds of track conditions.
At the front and the rear end the Bull X8 is equipped with high quality massive 5mm carbon fibre shock towers withstanding even hard impacts. The same material has been used for the servo saver cover to guarantee a precise steering operation.
Also the centre diff is covered by a high quality carbon plate increaseing the rigidity of the center diff mounts ensuring maximum precision of the brake linkage and true running of the centre diff.
Helping to keep the car stable on the track are the hard coated aluminium shock absorbers that sport high qualitiy titanium-nitrid coated shock shafts for an extra smooth operation which are protected by rubber shock boots.
The high performance 3-shoe clutch with aluminium shoes ensures excellent power transmission and economic fuel consumption. The flywheel is made of 7075 T6 aluminium while the clutch bell is made of steel to increase the lifetime of the pinion.
Included in the kit is a clear cab forward bodyshell, which provides excellent driving charateristics and an optimized balance of the car.
- - Adjustable Ackermann/servo-saver
- - Multiple toe-in and anti-squat adjustment possibilities at rear axle
- - Centered weight engine mount position
- - 4mm 7075 hardcoated aluminium chassis
- - Aluminium wishbone brackets
- - 5mm carbon shock towers front and rear
- - 160mm big-bore shocks with TiN coated shock rods
- - CVDs made of high quality spring steel
- - Lightweight diff outdrives
- - Carbon steering plate and centre diff cover
- - Composite mudguards
- - High quality 10.9 steel screws
- - Silicon sealed ball bearings
- - Batterybox for LiFe, LiPo,NiMH stick packs
- - Cab forward body