Shepherd Velox V8 "eleven"
Monday, 21 January 2008
After a long time of developing we are happy to present the Shepherd Velox V8 “eleven”. Based on the successful Velox V8, we created an innovative update.
The Velox V8 “eleven” is easy to assemble and allows you to change a lot of set-up possibilities in a few minutes. Because of that it is easy to build a fast set-up for every kind of track without loosing valuable time on the track.
The use of top quality materials throughout the Velox V8 “eleven” gives a hint to this cars racing pedigree, with carbon fibre used on the radio plate and shock towers as well as high quality plastics used for the wishbones, steering blocks and uprights. Its the use of aluminium in the Velox however that sets this car apart, from the beautifully CNC machined 5mm thick chassis plate to the blue anodised wishbone pivot blocks and bulkheads, providing strength without increasing the cars unsprung weight.
New rear anti-roll bar mount with ballbearings
Receiving the most attention, the rear end features a completely new rear anti-roll bar mount to ensure the best performance possible. Fixed directly to the rear bulkheads it now means no more tension stress on the ball bearings of the gear shaft, plus the position is much lower for an improved center of gravity. Ball-bearings eliminate possible play which results in a much quicker response. Combined with the three different wires available the new rear anti-roll bar is one of the highlights of the Velox V8 "eleven”. A new one-piece upper wishbone bracket gives additional stability and easy access for maintenance.
Also the radio plate and its mount are quite different. The new aluminium mount features a completely new flex system with a sliding bar fixed by ball bearings. The updated radio plate will be mounted on the sliding bar for optimized flex. To fix the radio plate and drive without flex only two screws are needed, removing the necessity to have a second radio plates ready.
Single piece electronic tray
The single piece electronic tray features a laid down gasservo as well as the possibility to use a receiver box. Fixed by only three screws, all the electronics can be removed quickly and easily for maintenance.
Velox Revolutionary Shocks
Helping to keep the car stable through the corners is the long time proved 'Velox Revolutionary Shock System' (VRS-System), hard coated aluminium shock absorbers that sport a spring loaded expansion chamber in place of a rubber diaphragm, a system that helps absorb small bumps while keeping the cars wheels on the track.
Velox Competition Clutch
Transferring power from the engine to the wheels, the car utilizes the newly developed lightweight Velox Competition Clutch (VCC), which provides plenty of punch while maintaining a consistent setting. The clutch powers the cars improved lightweight 2-speed gearbox, that is designed to not only perform well but aids to the cars ease of maintenance by removing the need for the re-alignment of the engine following spur gear changes
The successful Velox 'Direct-V-Brake System' (DVB-System), a system that provides durable and powerful braking through the use of rear axle mounted brake disks and a cable activated braking system is still in the kit. Upon applying the brake on your transmitter, the cable pulls two rear levers that clamp the brake pads against the twin, long life, ventilated disks providing strong and consistent braking performance every time.
At the front of the Velox V8 “eleven” is the car's steering 'servo saver' that sports a quick one-step easily adjustable Ackerman setting. By loosening only one screw the user can adjust the setting of the front part of the servo saver, enabling quick Ackerman adjustments even while on the track.
Adjustment comes in the form of easy to change front and rear roll centres, the ability to adjust the wheelbase of the car, adjustable belt tension on both the front and rear axles, as well as the usual range of settings that can be applied on today's competition chassis', such as camber, caster, down stops, track width and more.
Shepherd Velox features
- Lower ball-raced rear anti-roll bar for optimized precision and improved centre of gravity
- Newly designed blue anodized rear bulkheads CNC-machined from premium 7075 T6 aluminum
- One - piece upper wishbone bracket machined from premium 7075 T6 aluminum for additional stability and easy maintenance
- Easy to remove single piece electronic tray with laid down gas servo and optional receiver box included in the kit
- Velox - Easy - Flex (VEF) with a ball-raced sliding bar connecting the radio plate and it's mount for optimized flex and the possibility to fix the radio plate with only two screws
- Updated radio plate CNC-machined from finest German graphite material for optimized flex
- New blue anodized aluminium radio plate mount CNC-machined from premium 7075 T6 aluminum
- Quick roll-centre adjustment for the upper wishbones in the rear and in the front
- “Velox Revolutionary Shock System” (VRS-System) for best performance
- Outstanding “Direct-V-Brake System” (DVB-System) for durable and precise braking
- Super lightweight hard coated brake discs CNC-machined from premium 7075 T6 aluminum
- Top mounted fuel tank with adjustable volume and fuel usage until the end
- Update Velox Competition Clutch for reduced weight an optimized performance